Home         About         Contact Me         My Favorite Posts         Archives         Links         Store        

2005-01-01

What does it mean to subscribe?

I have a handy dandy button on the top of my blog that says "Subscribe Via RSS".


There's also one that says "Subscribe Via E-mail". Some of you have absolutely no idea what that means!

This is a quick explanation of the wonders of subscribing!

I used to spend way, way too much time on the Internet. Oh, wait. That's still one of my biggest time management struggles! But one of the things that has really helped me to curtail and manage my online time has been the use of a feed reader. A feed reader is a tool that automatically collects updates from your favorite blogs, news sites, and so on. I personally prefer Google Reader. If you don't already have a Google account you can sign up for one and then set up your reader.

You simply add the URLs of the blogs or sites you want to keep up with to your reader. Then you go to one place to read your updates. No more wasting time hopping around to different blogs checking to see if they have anything new. Now you know automatically!

If you don't want to mess with a feed reader, you can subscribe by e-mail. This means that all of the updates will be sent to your e-mail address automatically.

Cool, huh?

So what are you waiting for? Go, subscribe and save yourself some time!

0 comments: