Home         About         Contact Me         My Favorite Posts         Archives         Links         Store        

2009-04-09

Rockin' Recipe: Strawberry Trifle

Rockin' Recipe: Strawberry Trifle
Image by clairity

This recipe is one that is requested from me for our big family get-togethers--Christmas, Easter, and so on. And you know why? Because it is so darn good!

This strawberry trifle is a light, fruity, and refreshing dessert. I'm going to be craving it by the time I finish writing out the recipe. Wait. Nope, I'm already craving it. It is perfect for Easter dinner.

Just a note: This is not a dessert you can make ahead. In fact, it probably isn't a dessert you'll be able to enjoy if there are leftovers. If it sits for too long, it tends to get soggy and yucky. So, if this recipe looks like it would be too much for your crowd, cut it down to an amount you think will be eaten up!

Here's what you're going to need:

Trifle dish
1 Angel food cake, cubed
1 5.25oz packet of vanilla pudding mix (plus milk--make according to directions)
1 16oz tub of whipped topping
Strawberries--fresh sliced mixed with some strawberry jam, or frozen sliced, sugar added berries. (I've got a 24 oz frozen container for this time.)

Keep in mind, I've got a large trifle dish--you may need to adjust if you have a smaller one or are making this in a bowl of some kind.

Layer your ingredients in the trifle dish in this order: Cubed angel food cake, vanilla pudding, strawberries, and whipped topping. Continue till you run out, but end with the whipped topping. Throw a couple whole strawberries on top if you're feeling Martha Stewart-ish. Refrigerate till ready to serve.

Warning! This recipe is neither frugal nor healthy. It cost me about $10 for the ingredients this time around. Whew. But it does feed quite a crowd, and it's not often that we have it. As far as the unhealthiness--again, we don't have it but a couple of times a year, so it's a special treat.

Enjoy!

For more great Easter dessert ideas and recipes, please visit the Ultimate Recipe Swap at LifeasMOM.

5 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

This sounds delish! I love strawberries!!

Anonymous said...

This sounds yummy! It will be a great one for those who have a strawberry patch. (Wish I did). Thanks for sharing it. Have a blessed day.

Liz@HoosierHomemade said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Anonymous said...

I mentioned my recipe for this strawberry trifle in my ultimate recipe swap today too. We like it leftover ourselves, but no more than 2 days as it will get soggy. My filling calls for cream cheese so perhaps it's not as runny as pudding can get. Sounds so good!

Mike said...

My kids love strawberries. I should try this.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com

Twitter: AboutParenting

Post a Comment