Home         About         Contact Me         My Favorite Posts         Archives         Links         Store        

2009-05-12

A Relatively Clutter Free and Orderly Home

A Relatively Clutter Free Home
Image by kwerfeldein

I was considering how to begin this post. The title could definitely be misleading.

So, here's my disclaimer: I do, indeed, live in a relatively clutter free and orderly home. By God's grace. And God's grace alone. This post is not to brag (except on Jesus!). This post is to thank Him for working in my life in a measurable way. Wow. Sometimes I still can't believe I live here. (And then there's the days when it all falls apart, and it all looks familiar!)

As I was thinking about what to write for this Gratituesday post (I love Tuesdays--these are some of my favorite posts to write!), I looked around and said, "Wow." It hit me all of a sudden. In my mind's eye, I could see my home the way it used to look on a regular basis. (Or at least in between my sporadic fits of "I've gotta clean this place up!") And my heart overflowed with gratitude to my Lord as I recognized the vast difference between then and now.

He has somehow miraculously, patiently taught me how to live more simply. How to do things now instead of later (read: never). How to develop a routine and a basic schedule. Folks, this is nothing short of miraculous. Really. Ask my mother. Ask my sisters. OK, don't do that. Because I'm sure they'd tell you more than I want you to know.

And the results? Because of His work in this area of my life, we experience more peace as a family. More calm. Did you know that peace, love and joy are fruits of the Spirit? Yes, because of HIM, my home reflects more of the character of His Spirit.

This...this is totally a God-thing. Wow.

Thank you, Lord, for my relatively clutter free and orderly home. May You be glorified.

For more thankful thoughts, please visit Heavenly Homemakers.

Gratituesday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brianna, you are truly inspiring. To shed light on things I've never thought of. For example:

"Yes, because of HIM, my home reflects more of the character of His Spirit."

This is what I want, too!

Erin said...

Praise Him! What a wonderful Lord we serve.

Anna said...

That is a great thing to be thankful for. Today while I was walking on the treadmill I was listening to music. One of the songs was "You make me happy." I forget the exact words, but it said something like "I can not count the ways that you have made my life so blessed, all I know is that you came and made beauty of my mess." I would be such a mess on my own-- my house and everything else in my life.

Post a Comment